It’s that easy to bake 2 pieces of spelt Ciabatta:
- Open the freshness seal, put the baking mixture in a bowl and add 400 ml lukewarm water (see water line) mixed with 2 tbsp olive oil to the baking mixture. Knead the dough with your hands, with a food processor or with the Thermomix for about 3 minutes.
- Let the dough rest in the bowl for about 20-30 minutes at room temperature (ca. 24°C).
- Ciabatta bread: Knead the dough shortly, form 2 rectangular breads (ca. 29 x7 cm) and place it on baking tray covered with baking paper.
Ciabatta breadrolls: Knead the dough shortly and form a roll. Then cut off 6 pieces (á 200g) with a dough scraper, form rectangular breadrolls (12 x7 cm) and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Tip: Some flour helps with the shaping!
- Let the dough rest covered at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Then preheat the oven to 230 °C (top and bottom heat).
- Incise the Ciabatta with a sharp knife one time in length 2cm deep and dredge the Ciabatta with flour.
- Tip: To make the Ciabatta even crunchier, moisten the baking paper with water (not the bread)
- Bake the Ciabatta for 10 minutes at 230°C, then decrease the heat to 190°C and let it bake for another 15 minutes. Take it off the baking tray and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Tip: tastes great with salad! Enjoy real vacation feeling at home!
Preparation time: 10 min
Time in total: 1 h 30 min
light spelt flour, freeze-dried olives, salt, dry baking yeast, garlic granules, organic spelt sourdough, flour treatment agent ascorbic acid