It’s so easy to bake 1 kg loaf of spelt bread:
- Open the freshness seal and put the baking mixture in a bowl. Add 450 ml lukewarm water (see water line in can) and knead the dough with your hands, with a food processor or with the Thermomix for 3 minutes.
- Let the dough rest covered for 30 minutes in a warm place (ca. 24°C).
- Place the dough on a floured worktop and knead it briefly.
- Spelt – breadrolls: Form the dough into a roll and divide it with a dough scraper into 6 pieces (á 200g). Bring each piece into your desired shape and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
Spelt bread: Fold the dough from the edges to the middle with a dough scraper, bring it into a round shape and place the dough with the end down in a dough rising basket or on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Tip 1: As the dough is a bit sticky, we recommend to flour your hands and the worktop to form the bread and then form it quickly.
- Spread some flour on the dough and let it rise covered for about 1-2 hours in a warm place (ca.24°C), then preheat the oven to 220°C (for breadrolls), 230°C (for bread) or 250°C (for cast iron pot – including the pot).
- Tip 2: To make the bread even crunchier, moisten the baking paper!
Tip 3: Spread some water on the breadrolls and sprinkle, according to your taste, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or oat flakes on them.
- Breadrolls: Bake them at 220°C convection for about 12 minutes.Bread: Place the dough on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake it at 230°C top and bottom heat for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 190°C and let it bake for another 20 minutes.
Cast iron pot: Put the dough directly in the pot, close it with the hot lid, then put it in the oven and let the bread bake for 15 minutes (250°C). Afterwards, take off the lid, lower the temperature to 210°C and let the bread bake for another 30-35 minutes (210°C) until crispy and brown. Carefully place the bread on a cooling rack.
- Let the bread or the breadrolls cool on the cooling rack for about 10 minutes and then enjoy.
- Tip 4: As soon as the bottom of the bread is brown, the baked good is ready.
Preparation time: 10 min
Time in total: 1 h 25 min
light spelt flour, whole spelt flour, salt, dried spelt – sourdough, dry baking yeast, bread seasoning (coriander, caraway seeds, fennel), flour treatment agent ascorbic acid