This is how you bake the 12 cinnamon buns:
- Open the freshness seal and put the small bag with cinnamon-sugar mixture aside. Put the baking mixture in a big bowl.
- Classic Version: slightly warm up 300 ml milk (see milk line in can) and 80g butter in a pot until the butter liquefies. Let it cool until lukewarm and stir in one egg.
Vegan Version: Slightly warm up 300 ml oat drink (see milk line in can) and 80g vegetable fat in a pot until the fat liquefies. Let it cool until lukewarm.
- Add the lukewarm milk-mix to the baking mixture and knead it around 4 minutes with your hands, the food processor or with the Thermomix.
- Let the dough rest covered for 30-60 minutes in a bowl in a warm place (ca. 24°). Meanwhile, melt 50 g butter oder vegetable fat in a pot or in the microwave, let it cool until lukewarm and stir in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Tip: The longer the dough rests, the better it rises! It should rise to twice the height!
- Knead the dough on a floured worktop and roll out into a rectangle (35×40 cm) and spread the cinnamon-butter-sugar mixture on the whole rectangle evenly. Roll up the dough, cut it into around 2 cm thick slices and put it on a baking tray, with baking paper put onto it beforehand, or on a fatted baking dish.
- Let the cinnamon buns rest covered for around 30 minutes in a warm place. Preheat the oven. (top and bottom heat 180°C)
- Spread water generously on the cinnamon buns. Sprinkle them with the sugar crystals provided and bake them for around 25 -35 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Preparation time: 20 min
Time in total: 2 h 30 min
wheat flour 480g fine cake flour, sugar, vanilla sugar (sugar, Tahiti vanilla), salt, dry yeast, cinnamon, flour treatment agents ascorbic acid, sugar crystals, lemon powder