It’s that easy to bake 9 Burger Buns:
- Take out the sesame (small bag) and put it aside. Open the freshness seal and put the small bag with the seasoning mix aside. Put the baking mixture in a big bowl.
- Slightly warm up 90 ml milk and 150 ml water (see milk and water line in can) and 90g butter in a pot or seperately for 30 seconds in the microwave until the butter liquefies. Let it cool until lukewarm and stir in 2 eggs.
- Add the lukewarm milk mix to the baking mixture and knead the dough for 4 minutes with your hands, with the food processor or with the Thermomix.
- Let the dough rest covered in the bowl in a warm place (ca. 24°C).
- Tip: The longer the dough rests, the better it rises! It should rise to twice its height! In the meantime the meat or the vegetables can be marinated with the provided seasoning mix.
- Turn the dough upside down on a slightly floured worktop and form it into a roll without much kneading. Divide the dough roll with a dough scraper into 9 pieces of the same size and shape them until smooth.
- Place the dough pieces on baking tray covered with baking paper and spread a bit of the yolk-milk mix (1 tbsp milk & 1 yolk whisked) on the surface of the dough. Cover it with cling film and let it rest for 30-60 minutes in a warm place.
- Tip: Now is the best time to shape the patties and to prepare the sauce, the salad and the cheese.
- Again spread the yolk-milk mix on the buns and sprinkle sesame on them.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 190°C convection. Bake them at 190°C for 15 minutes, then decrease the heat to 170°C and bake them for another 9 minutes until golden brown. Take off the buns from the tray, let it rest briefly and fill the Burger with your favored ingredients.
Griller: Preheat the grill at the end of the rising time with a pizza stone to indirect middle heat (ca. 200°C). Powder the preheated pizza stone with some flour, spread the buns on it and put it on the indirect area of the grill. Then close the lid and let it bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Put off the buns from the pizza stone, let it rest briefly and fill the Burger with your favored ingredients.
- Tip: The buns are perfect for freezing. Simply let the buns defrost in the microwave for 3 minutes, slice it and briefly toast the cut surface in a pan.
Preparation time: 15 min
Time in total: 1h 40 min
wheat flour ,brown sugar, sesame, salt, dry baking yeast, flour treatment agent ascorbic acid