It is that easy to bake 1 kg barbecue bread of your choice:
- The the bag with the rub and put it into a small bowl. Add 3 tbsp of currant juice, beer or water, mix it and put it aside.
- Put the remaining baking mixture in a bowl, add 450 ml lukewarm water (see waterline in can) and knead the dough with your hand, with a food processor or with the Thermomix.
- Let the dough rest in a bowl and covered at room temperature (ca.24 °C) for 20-30 minutes.
- Knead the dough briefly and bring it into your desired shape. Tip: some flour helps with the shaping.
- Let the dough rest covered for another 20 minutes at room temperature. Preheat the oven (top and bottom heat) or the grill to 230 °C.
- Mix the rub until it reaches a creamy (spreadable) consistency. Tip: small pieces can be contained!
- Spread the rub on the bread loaves (or use lukewarm water as an alternative).
- Tip: The Rub can also be used for marinating meat, vegetables or barbecue cheese. Place the meat, the vegetables or the barbecue cheese on the grill and spread the Rub on them!
- Oven: Place the bread on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake it for 10 minutes at 230 °C, then decrease the temperature to 190 °C and bake for another 15 minutes.
Grill: Place the dough directly on the grill at 230 °C – indirect heat; close the lid, close the ventilation slide and bake it for 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 min
Time in total: 1 h 45 min
wheat flour, spelt flour, pepper flakes, salt, tomato flakes, dry baking yeast, BBQ powder, garlic granules, BBQ sauce tomato-based with smoke flavor (water, tomato concentrate, sugar, vinegar, molasses, modified cornstarch, salt, natural smoke flavor, mustard flour, onions, spices, garlic), flour treatment agent: ascorbic acid